Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Janina Janina(First Bengali Cover)

Thanks to Murali Venkataraman for introducing me a beautiful collection of bangla songs of Haimonti shukla. And today is an occasion for posting this song. Its Murali’s birthday, Happy Birthday Murali:)

I was mesmerized very much by a song, went ahead to make a karaoke track for it. I had no idea of the lyrics then. Murali knows all those songs by heart , so he helped me initially. Later came the saviour, Soumitra ji who was so helpful with the diction, patiently heard my versions over n over n corrected the mistakes. Thanks a ton Ji! Still, please forgive my diction issues my dear bengali friends n correct me as much as possible. I have tried the song with less punch ins n less mistakes hopefully.

Kumaran gave me a helping hand in mixing the song, though sum issues were there w.r.t synching, he has tried his best! Thanks a lot!

Here is my humble attempt of a brilliant song! Listen and post ur valuable feedback!


Janina Janina(First Bengali Cover) | Music Upload

6 comments:

Preets said...

Hi da, superb , loved your singing

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

Commendable effort!
Some slips- like tomarey in the end of the pallavi...
Especially liked the second "aajana" in the 1st stanza. And nice sangathi again at 2:11!
Shruthi off at 2:20...
And bhavam could be better..
Ok sorry this looks like a running commentary- am typing as I'm listening :P
Lemme stop nitpicking. Takes a lot to sing in a new language. Kudos for that! And enjoyed your sweet voice.

Ramya said...

Thank you Preethi!

Sindhu - Thanks for ur feedback, I like the nitpicks, so plz don't mind telling them!Glad u enjoyed it!

Soumi said...

Hey rams... the music was overpowering ur voice... cudnt hear ur voice clearly... should i change some settings?

Ramya said...

Soumya , I don't think so! Maybe because you find the mixing different! So how did u like it?

Untitled said...

The song is really melodic, though I dont understand, your voice is clear. Could have been better at a couple of places, but overall, its nice.